Posted on February 09, 2024
The Big Game is here, and we've got your winning game plan on what to eat, drink, and wear for the ultimate football Sunday.
What to Eat: King's Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders
Let's face it...the best part of game day is the food, and you can't go wrong with King's Hawaiian sliders. The perfect handheld snack that won't interfere with your touchdown celebration, these pulled pork sliders only require 15 minutes of prep.
- 12-pack KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 lbs. pulled pork
- 1 bag shredded coleslaw
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbs sugar
- 12 skewers
- Slice 12 pack of King’s Hawaiian® Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls in half horizontally. Keeping top and bottom halves separately intact. Butter inside of top and bottom of the rolls using 4 TBS of butter. Toast on a griddle until golden brown
- Heat pork in a pan over medium heat with BBQ sauce until hot and the sauce slightly thickens
- Mix coleslaw, vinegar, salt, pepper, mayo, and sugar until combined in a bowl
- Separate your rolls
- Top each bottom roll with pulled pork
- Top pulled pork with coleslaw
- Cover with top bun
- Secure each slider with a skewer
How to make pulled pork at home: You will need pork shoulder or butt. Rub the pork with your favorite spices like garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Then, place the meat in a slow cooker or oven and cook for 6-9 hours until it is tender. You can use a pressure cooker for faster cooking. Once it’s ready, shred the pork.
What to Drink: The Chi Chi
Our friend Adam Wild crafted the perfect drink to make your crowd go wild. The Chi Chi is as easy to make as it is to drink and has the familiar tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut, but it is a lot lighter and brighter than a piña colada, so you can knock them back in all four quarters.
- 5 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz cream of coconut
- 2 oz vodka
- (Optional: 1/4-1/2 oz lemon juice)
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into a tall glass and top with crushed ice. Give it a fun tiki garnish and stick in a metal straw to save the sea turtles.